Friday 20 November 2015

Weekly Update #109: Cerebus Art Dragnet


Thank you yet again! Take a look at the special Cerebus Art Dragnet certificates to be sent out to everyone who provided scans of original artwork.

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?
Are you a qualified medical practitioner? If so, here's A LINK to Dave's recent MRI and X-Ray of his damaged right hand. It's a zip file with two folders (MRI and X-Ray). Each one has some a small proprietary viewer with which you can see the files. Note, it's PC only. Send in your diagnosis to: sandeep.s.atwal [at] gmail [dot] com

SUPPORT THE CEREBUS RESTORATION PROJECT!
Cerebus Archive Number Four on Kickstarter
Only 1 Day To Go! 

5 comments:

Glen said...


I received my Cerebus Art Dragnet Certificate back in the summer. I had an original page from Cerebus #22 which I scanned and sent to Sean and Mara.


Here's a link to it.....



https://www.flickr.com/photos/hauntedsnowfort/19982854745/in/photolist-wr8RAw-wrPmwn-qSRePk-br3cRt-s3iHMH-rnKSN5-rcaXqG-rafEse-pbRZEh-dMeQes-dz4XWV-dxcBZR-cHEkUm-cHjttf-aBdjxr-aBdiXk-aBfYyb-aBdkzi-9DVPuS-9DSNcF

Anonymous said...

I imagine at least some of us have seen this already, but it's worth a link for those who haven't: http://io9.com/alan-moore-advises-new-writers-to-self-publish-because-1743575906 -- "Alan Moore Advises New Writers to Self-Publish Because Big Publishers Suck".

-- Damian

Jeff Seiler said...

Yay! I'll be receiving a Cerebus Art Dragnet Certificate because I was the one who ratted out Jeremy Schorr (named in this video) and turned him in to the authorities. Who says crime doesn't pay? Eh, Jeremy?

Steve said...

HEY!

That's me, twice, on them there little 'ol certificate things, on a video with Dave.

HEY!

... oh, but wait... Dave's doing his illegible scrawl signature... that's not the signature I want...

*sigh*

BTW, the scans were for cover prelim's, not the actual covers. The #11 one is WAY cool since it's hand-colored by Dave on a (I believe) 3M black and white print from the original art. I think it would've gone to Preney and then they would somehow produce the CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) plates for printing.

Steve

David Rankin said...

And there's me three times as well for my three pages #25 pg 13, #32 pg 17 & #77 pg 3(my favourite!!). I was only wondering about these certificates earlier today and there they are on video!!
Thanks Dave (and Sean & Mara!!)

Just about to 'up' my Kickstarter pledge to include my bonus prints, postcards etc

David