Tuesday 11 August 2015

Jeffrey Jones: Idyl / I'm Age

Idyl - I'm Age
by Jeffrey Jones
Donald M. Grant, Publisher Inc
HC $39.99 / SC $24.99
On Sale: Now!
The first book publication collecting two legendary graphic strips by the late Jeffrey Jones. Idyl ran in the pages of the National Lampoon while the later I'm Age appeared in Heavy Metal magazine. A 96 page oversized 9"x12" art book celebrating the unique vision of celebrated artist Jeffrey Jones, collecting all the pages of these graphic strips, with an introduction and an insightful afterword by award winning artist George Pratt. More details...

DAVE SIM:
(from Eight Days Of Dave: Day 7, 8 September 2013) 
One of my all-time favourite things is my over-sized Jeff Jones Idyl collection.

NEIL GAIMAN:
Idyl was my favourite thing that was a comic when I was a teenager. I didn't understand the ones I read, but I loved them anyway... Now they're collected and are as magical and elegant as they ever were.

2 comments:

Eddie said...

I wish there was more knowldege about this out there. It may have helped people realize that the Zootannapuss parts in glamourpuss were an homage to it, much in the same way the Moon Roach was an homage to Neal Adams/ Bill Sienkiewicz.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, I ordered the book and it's fantastic!